- This event has passed.
Nature Hikes at Glen Leven Farm – August 14, 2021
August 14, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT$5
Get out in nature just ten minutes from downtown Nashville at The Land Trust for Tennessee’s 64-acre Glen Leven Farm.
Recharge during a self-guided hike through an historic urban farm that is truly one of a kind, and not regularly open to the public. During your visit, you can use a print field guide to explore a variety of towering trees, multiple habitats, and special activities that will leave you inspired to explore nature in your own backyard.
Explore the arboretum during a StoryWalk that leads you around the historic home while you read a children’s book page by page. Each month will feature a different activity, so be sure to join us all year!
In August, you can look for different types of wildflowers as you hike the trail, then make your own wildflower art. Reserve your tickets here.
- Guests are encouraged to reserve a timed-entry ticket online prior to visiting. Walk-up tickets are also available (credit card only).
- Tickets are $5 per person (no charge for children 2 and under)
- The 1.4-mile Nature Trail is recommended for ages 6+
- Dress for the weather and the farm! The Nature Trail is not paved, so closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- No food or beverage will be available on-site, and there is limited access to restrooms, so please plan accordingly.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver upon arrival.
- Reservations are rain or shine. If there is a threat of severe weather, you will be contacted to reschedule your visit.
Have a question? Please call (615) 244-5263 or contact Ellen Messerly.
Please note that only trained service animals are permitted at Glen Leven Farm.
SAFETY & VISITOR GUIDELINES
The Land Trust for Tennessee values the safety of our guests and staff. To protect the health and safety of our community, we request that all participants:
- Reschedule your visit if you don’t feel well, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 as described by the CDC, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
- Reschedule your visit if you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19 (confirmed or suspected) in the past 14 days.
- Please wear masks when social distancing from others outside of your group is not possible.