- This event has passed.
August 22 – Family Visits to Glen Leven Farm
August 22, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT$40
All guests must reserve a timed-entry ticket online prior to visiting. No tickets will be sold on-site. Register here.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Bring your family for an engaging visit to The Land Trust for Tennessee’s Glen Leven Farm, an historic 64-acre oasis located four miles from downtown Nashville.
GUESTS ARE INVITED TO SELECT ONE OF TWO SELF-GUIDED ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
- Garden Activity: Need tips for your home garden? Come see what’s growing in our Education Garden. Learn about plants that we eat, pollinators, and nature’s way of recycling through a fun scavenger hunt.
- Nature Hike: Travel through five ecosystems during a self-paced hike along our 1.4-mile Nature Trail. Interactive signage will guide you as you explore the forest, meadow, wetland, riparian, and edge ecosystems, including a stop at Brown’s Creek. Recommended for ages 6+, closed-toe shoes required.
- All activities are based on elementary state science standards.
- All guests must reserve a timed-entry ticket online prior to visiting. No tickets will be sold on-site.
- Family Tickets are $40 per group and accommodate up to 8 guests. If cost is a barrier, scholarship assistance is available thanks to support from The Barbara J. Mapp Foundation. Please contact Ellen Messerly for more information.
- Additional donations are always appreciated. Did you know that donations help cover the cost of Family Tickets for students and families from Title I schools?
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER & THE FARM
- Don’t forget your water bottle, as well as sunscreen, bug spray, and hand sanitizer.
- No food or beverage will be available on-site, and there is limited access to restrooms, so please plan accordingly.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver upon arrival.
- Reservations are subject to cancellation due to severe weather conditions. If there is a threat of inclement weather, you will be contacted to reschedule your visit.
SAFETY & VISITOR GUIDELINES
The Land Trust for Tennessee values the safety of our staff and guests. All Land Trust staff are practicing enhanced preventive measures in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines including wearing face masks, frequent and proper hand washing, and social distancing.
- We request that all visitors follow the below protocols to protect your health and safety.
- Reschedule your visit if you don’t feel well or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, as described by the CDC.
- Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet away from others outside of your group.
- All visitors over the age of 12 must wear face masks. Parents and guardians are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines regarding the use of masks for children.
Have a question? Please call (615) 244-5263 or contact Ellen Messerly.
Please note that only trained service animals are permitted at Glen Leven Farm.