- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: Bluebird Box Building Workshop – March 28, 2020
March 28, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
With the guidance of the CDC and local public health officials, we have made the decision to postpone our Bluebird Box Building Workshop until a future date. We will be in contact with registrants to issue refunds as needed. Please continue to follow us on social media and check back to our events page for updates. Thank you, and stay well, friends.
Looking for your “nest” activity? Bring the whole family to The Land Trust for Tennessee’s Glen Leven Farm to learn about bluebirds and the benefits of bird boxes. Attendees will build two bluebird nest boxes during the workshop: one to take home, and one that will be installed along the Glen Leven Farm nature trail. The workshop will conclude with an optional 1.5-mile hike.
Made possible in part by The Barbara J. Mapp Foundation.
- Space is limited, registration required.
- $30 per group (up to 5 people), registration fee includes one bluebird box to take home.
- Recommended for children 5+ (participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Dress for the weather and the farm – don’t forget your water bottle, as well as sunscreen and bug spray! Closed-toe shoes are required, and long pants are encouraged.
- Tools and gloves will be provided, but please feel free to bring your own gloves if you prefer.
Please note that only trained service animals are permitted at Glen Leven Farm.