- This event has passed.
Glen Leven Farm Spring Open Day
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Gather your family and friends and join The Land Trust for Tennessee for a relaxing visit to Glen Leven Farm, an historic 64-acre oasis located four miles from downtown Nashville. During your visit, connect with nature and be immersed in this historic, one-of-a kind landscape, which is not regularly open to the public.
Guests are invited to:
- Bring a picnic and enjoy lunch on the grounds
- Hike along a 1.5 nature trail (closed-toe shoes required)
- Meet our miniature donkeys, Will and Dave
- Watch our honey bees at work in our demonstration hive
- Learn about the history of Glen Leven Farm and The Land Trust for Tennessee
- Learn about minimizing food waste and composting with Nashville Food Waste Initiative
- Breathe deeply in our arboretum
- Tour The Hermitage Hotel’s heirloom vegetable garden where their team grows food for Capitol Grille
- Learn how Jackalope Brewing Company grows hops on the property
- The event is free and open to the public. There is a $10 suggested donation per vehicle. Be sure to bring your own water bottles with lots of water, as well as sunscreen and bug spray.
- EDUCATION GARDEN & HONEY BEE DEMONSTRATION
10:30 a.m. • 11:30 a.m. • 12:30 p.m. • 1:30 p.m.
30 minute education garden and beekeeping demonstrations
- HOUSE, GROUNDS & HISTORY TOUR
10:30 a.m. • 12:00 p.m. • 1:00 p.m.
45 minute experience including a visit to the house
- GUIDED NATURE HIKE
10:30 a.m. • 11:30 a.m. • 1:00 p.m.
1 hour hike through a 1.5-mile looping trail.
Closed-toe shoes required; bring water!
- CONSERVATION EASEMENTS 101
10:30 a.m. • 11:00 a.m. • 1:00 p.m. • 1:30 p.m.
20 minute presentation about your conservation options.
- THE HERMITAGE HOTEL GARDEN TOUR
11:00 a.m. • 12:00 p.m. • 1:00 p.m.
20 minute guided-tour of the hotel’s garden
(Garden only accessible today during tour times)
- NASHVILLE FOOD WASTE INITIATIVE & COMPOSTING
11:30 a.m. • 12:30 p.m.
15 minute presentation teaching how to decrease food waste, including techniques for composting at home.
*Times subject to change.
Volunteer Open House Details (2-4 p.m.)
If you would like to join our team of dedicated, passionate, and fun-loving volunteers, come to our Volunteer Rendezvous after the Farm Day. Learn about volunteer opportunities and get to know some fellow conservationists. The Rendezvous will start at 2 p.m. (after the Open Day) and include a background about The Land Trust for Tennessee, an orientation and appreciation. The Land Trust for Tennessee, a statewide land conservation organization, conserves Glen Leven Farm as an educational resource and center for conservation. Glen Leven Farm is a working landscape, and is not regularly open to the public.