- This event has passed.
Family Farm Day at Glen Leven Farm – November 9, 2019
November 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Bring your family and friends and join The Land Trust for Tennessee on Saturday, November 9, for a relaxing day at Glen Leven Farm, an historic 64-acre oasis located four miles from downtown Nashville. During your visit, enjoy an up-close look at Glen Leven Farm’s tranquil arboretum, home to more than 26 species of trees and shrubs with vibrant, changing fall leaves. This is a great family-friendly opportunity to connect with nature and be immersed in an historic, one-of-a kind landscape, which is not regularly open to the public.
Guests are invited to:
- Take a guided or self-guided hike along a 1.5-mile nature trail (closed-toe shoes required)
- Create nature-inspired art at a leaf rubbing art station
- Meet our miniature donkeys, Will and Dave (named for Williamson and Davidson Counties)
- Learn about the history of Glen Leven Farm and The Land Trust for Tennessee
- Breathe deeply in our arboretum during a self-guided tour
- Visit The Hermitage Hotel’s heirloom vegetable garden where their team grows food for Capitol Grille
- The event is free and open to the public. There is a $10 suggested donation per vehicle.
- Dress for fall weather on a farm
About The Land Trust for Tennessee’s Glen Leven Farm
The Land Trust for Tennessee, a statewide land conservation organization, conserves Glen Leven Farm as an educational resource and center for conservation. Glen Leven Farm is a working landscape, and is not regularly open to the public. Please note, no dogs other than trained service dogs are allowed at Glen Leven Farm.